Tuesday, February 16, 2021

February - 1/2 way goal check

 Somehow, February is more than half way over. Here's how I'm doing with my goals this month. 

Financial:

  • Stick to the budget (including revised grocery target) - Yes, & I actually think we'll be well under our revised amount from last month. Unfortunately, we won't hit our super aggressive goal, as M was out of nuts (a primary food source for him during Keto) & stocked up. This is quite a chunk of the budget, but will last him around 6 weeks. He also found the kids preferred protein bars on sale, and bought three boxes. 
  • Make $400 in side hustle - For whatever reason, I'm trending way behind this month, and am only 1/4 of the way there. I have had sales, they've just all been quite small. 
  • No clothing purchases for myself - on track
  • Close on our refi - done!
  • Pay down our mortgage to the 1/2 way point - will be done as soon as we finalize our taxes, and get the new payment information for our mortgage
  • Plan/budget house project - exterior paint - done, and I LOVE the updated look!

Family:
  • Plan one fun activity with the kids. This is pretty hard during COVID, so may be something like a game night - we've done a few fun things
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening - mostly, yes
  • One "date" with M per month. Unclear how we will make this happen during our current lock down - we've gone for two walks together. Not the same as a date, but it's been fun just the same
  • Make a video for M's parents - I sent photos
  • Plan a fun "ski week" break in February, as we can't travel or ski - plans in the works, & lots of fun happening

Fitness/Health
  • Lose 2 lbs. - I've lost a pound
  • Run 8 times - I've had no motivation to run, and have only run 3 times
  • Track calories, eat a balanced diet - minus a few birthday splurges, yes
  • Complete 1,100 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 4 stretching workouts. Complete daily January strength challenge - on track
  • Meditate 15 times - on track
  • Intermittent fasting, 2x/week - on track, trying out 3x/week

Personal/creative:
  • Practice Farsi &/or Spanish, at least 20 days - on track
  • Do something social with friends at least once/month - 2 hikes, and virtual happy hour
  • Continue daily checkins & support of volunteer job - on track
  • Write & journal regularly. Try fiction writing for at least 30 minutes. - on track
  • Shoot for no swearing for the month. This includes in text messages! - I've been doing really well, with only one day I didn't hit this. I went for a hike with a friend with a potty mouth & joined in
  • Crafty - Make two more hats for the homeless. Watch a couple of crocheting videos, to understand where I'm going wrong. - I've started a new hat, but haven't watched videos
  • Achieve a total of 400 "points" on my daily checklists - pretty much on track
  • Continue looking for opportunities to help others daily - I try to keep this at the top of my mind

Doing the mid-month check in helps me remember where to focus. What about you? How are you doing with your February goals?

4 comments:

  1. You have a lot of progress for only 1/2 way through. Nuts are pricey and we will need to restock in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done well! I see a lot of progress, even small steps forward, on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the grocery challenge is spot on, but the money challenge is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to have a mid-month check-in. Re swearing: The other day when I was feeling overwhelmed, frustrated and frankly immature (I'm in my 60s!), I strung together all the expletives I know and then repeated them for affect. Thankfully I was alone so no one heard me. I was doing really well up until that point. Now I have another fresh start!

    ReplyDelete