Saturday, February 20, 2021

A belated birthday

 We finally got a chance to take Sam for a surf lesson today. The day started off gray & drizzly, but it turned out to be a beautiful day. I walked around Santa Cruz while Sam surfed, & it was lovely.

Sam had a fabulous day, and can't wait for another lesson. He'll be saving up for more. We had a late lunch (outdoor) at Pizza My Heart, and headed home. I'm about to have a glass of wine with M while the boys head off to tennis. I'm impressed with Sam's stamina to surf for two hours & play tennis. I wish I had that energy!

Just a boy & his surf board (and, instructor)







He's the tiny dot on the purple surf board...



I'm so glad we found a COVID friendly activity to celebrate his birthday. Happy Saturday, everyone!

9 comments:

  1. That is so neat that he got that experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Sam, what a great way to spend his birthday. And the stamina, wow! The pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a gorgeous day for photos. I know, on the stamina. I was tapped out after just walking during his lesson. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Sam! Sounds like you all had a great day!

    Boy am I jealous! :) That view is gorgeous!! I grew up by the ocean (actually 2 oceans cause we lived at the southernmost tip of Africa, so we got to enjoy both the Atlantic & Indian oceans) & this just makes me homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy for Sam, and the outdoor pizza lunch is sounding almost normal! Every time I read positive activities, it gives me hope so thanks for sharing. Happy Birthday to Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were driving home, M & I reflected that, other than the masks, it very much felt like an almost normal family outing/day, which really boosted both of us.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful gift and beautiful setting! Some sort of normalcy is a gift in itself.

    ReplyDelete