Saturday, February 13, 2021

Happy Saturday

We had the exterior of our house painted this week, and I love the color! The gray makes such a difference, over the previous light beige. The house looks much more modern & up to date. We opted for the exterior house paint project, as it didn't require anyone to be inside of our house, during COVID. We have more house projects to go (bathroom update, to convert a wheelchair accessibility into an actual bath tub & adding a dry bar to the kitchen, to create more space.) 

What's happening today? Not much, it's actually a relatively quiet Saturday. I'd planned to run this morning, but it's raining, so I'll either wait until this afternoon, or find something to do inside. Here's what else we're up to:

  • Menu planning. This is really just deciding which of the Hello Fresh/Blue Apron meals we'll be making each night, and ensuring I have a Keto option for the meals that M won't be able to eat
  • Costco. We need just a few things, given we have lots of meal options at home & in the delivery.
  • Picking up ants. ;-) This is for Sam's birthday, and he asked for an ant farm. We purchased the equipment, so now we just need to pick up the queen ant & the workers. He's so excited.
  • Writing. I'm working on a review of Hello Fresh that I'll share, & then I'm hoping to do a bit of fiction writing as well.
  • Tennis. Sam, not me. 
  • Working out. 
  • Reconcile a health care bill. I had a bunch of labs done, and my HSA shows no unpaid claims, but the hospital is showing a $42 bill. I need to go line by line to see if I actually owe anything, or it's an error on the hospital's side. 
  • Use all citrus fruits. We have a large bag of lemons & need to pick more, we have some oranges I need to juice, and I believe there are limes in the back of the fridge as well. 
That's it for us. What about you? What are you up to this weekend? 

7 comments:

  1. I'm excited for Sam and his ant club, how neat!

    Congratulations on getting the outside of your house painted, that's great.

    I'm going to be menu planning this weekend too. I started last night, but need to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam is so jazzed. The ants are slowly making their way from their tube (used for transport) to the full ant house he has. There are explorer/worker ants, that check things out, and then come back for the queen. It's actually pretty interesting. He & Nick are both fascinated.

      Delete
  2. I was getting a lot done but have run out of steam. I look forward to your review on the meal kits. I’ve got something in the crockpot, likely soup or dumplings, and will cook tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really excited to see that we seem to have all our forms we need for filing our taxes, so I've been cleaning up the information for our CPA and getting that out there. I'd love to get that all done by the end of the month.

    I made a shakshuka sauce this morning for the first time. It was supposed to be for breakfast but the baby was up and down and fussing so I had to push it off to be dinner, I've prepped shrimp for it instead of eggs. I'm going to be satisfied with those as my weekend accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all I am doing this weekend is in this order eating, playing with grandkids, napping eating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Menu planning is also on my list. Sometimes I like having a well-stocked pantry and freezer, and other times it bothers me to have so much food around (spoken like a true privileged person). All activities will be indoors as we continue to experience dangerously low temps. Last night the house cracked so loudly I thought it must have split in half.

    ReplyDelete