Monday, February 1, 2021

January Goals Recap

January is never my favorite month, but guess what? It's over now. :-) Let's see how I did with the goals for the month.  


Financial:

  • Stick to the budget (including revised grocery target) - Yes! I was under the grocery target by $18. It still feels like a large budget, but we are working on it, and I appreciate the progress. Also, we spent $0 on dining out! That hasn't happened in a long time. Also, #covid. 
  • Make $200 in side hustle - I set a conservative target, but ended up making $399. Woohoo!
  • No clothing purchases for myself - achieved
  • Research lodging for (COVID tentative) Maui trip - done, and booked!
  • Complete house project - gutters - paid for & done, just in time for the rain!
Family:
  • Plan one fun activity with the kids. This is pretty hard during COVID, so may be something like a game night - we've done walks & game nights. 
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening - mostly, yes
  • One "date" with M per month. Unclear how we will make this happen during our current lock down - we went on walks, had drinks by the pool, & went to pick up our wine club wine 2x. 
  • Make a video for M's parents - yes!
Fitness/Health
  • Lose 2 lbs - I lost 2.5 lbs
  • Run 8 times - 9 times
  • Track calories, eat a balanced diet - yes, & the consistency is really helping
  • Complete 1,100 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 4 stretching workouts. Complete daily January strength challenge - I worked hard the last few days to get in the 1,100 minutes & hit my goal just a few minutes over the target. I changed up my strength & stretching & the way I'm counting will change moving forward. But, done!
  • Meditate 15 times - Yes, 15 times exactly
  • Set up appointment for stomach issue - yes, and a few changes have really helped
Personal/creative:
  • Practice Farsi &/or Spanish, at least 20 days - yep!
  • Do something social with friends at least once/month - no hikes in January (why I struggled with my cardio numbers, as hikes tend to be 2+ hours), due to COVID. But, I did do a virtual happy hour weekly. 
  • Continue daily checkins & support of volunteer job - yes
  • Write & journal regularly. Try fiction writing for at least 15 minutes. - I journaled near daily, and squeezed in some very enjoyable fiction writing towards the end of the month
  • Shoot for no swearing for the month. This includes in text messages! - Only swore 4 times this month, which I consider a huge accomplishment. 
  • Crafty - Make two more hats for the homeless. Watch a couple of crocheting videos, to understand where I'm going wrong. - I finished one hat. I was out of the right kind of yarn, and it kept slipping my mind to get more. I'm now back up & running, for evening hat making.
  • Continue looking for opportunities to help others daily - lots of great wins. My favorites for the month: advocating for a safer route to school for kids, giving our basketball hoop to our neighbors, & finding COVID vaccines for my parents!

All told, I'm thrilled with my progress, and I think this is easily the best I've ever done on my goals for the month. How about you? How did you do with your goals for January?

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I am in awe of all the green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks - I feel like things came together really well.

      Delete
  3. Lots of green! I am interested in hearing more about your fiction writing. I find it a good release even though I am finding myself rubbish at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this idea for a romance novel. Once I started jotting some ideas down, I find myself thinking of more. I think I'm pretty terrible, but am enjoying the process.

      Delete
  4. Congrats!

    We had a hard month so paid zero attention to goals but I did manage to start taking notes for meal planning into February and have been piling up our documents for taxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taxes & meal planning feel like good, tangible wins!

      Delete
  5. You did really well, I would achy that you smashed January.

    ReplyDelete