Tuesday, July 2, 2024

June goals - how did I do?

 The summer is going by really quickly. I'm more of it than usual, given the countdown for Sam leaving for college is on. I'm not ready! 

Here's how I did with my goals for the month:

Financial:

  • Create revised 2024 budget, & estimate taxes owed from severance - done
  • Earn $300 in side hustle - $224/300
  • Monthly pantry/freezer challenge: use up fish sticks & bag of cranberries - I've used up a bunch of freezer items, & most of the bag of cranberries, but some remain. Overall, I'm pleased with the state of the freezer, as we had a lot of leftovers at the start of the month, and have whittled them down.
  • Work on plan for United credits - need to roll this over to July, with a better plan
Family:
  • Help Sam with college roommate assignments - done
  • Spend a week with Nick on college prep - done, but we have a bunch more work to do. Nick wants to apply to a lot of colleges, many with their own essay requirements
  • Enjoy all of our June fun: Sam's graduation, time with my parents, Sam's party & our long weekend in Las Vegas - We had a fantastic month, with so many celebrations!
  • Finalize the rest of our summer plans - yes!
  • Plan one fun activity with the boys - We've had multiple corn hole matches
Fitness:
  • 10 stretching workouts - I did more than usual this month, as I've had a lot of hip tightness I'm trying to work through = 13/10
  • Lose 3 lbs - no progress. I did okay towards the end of the month, but a long weekend in Las Vegas meant many fabulous meals
  • 12 strength training workouts - 10/12, due to not being around as much in June
  • Follow the No S diet - eh, I've had a few days here & there, but definitely inconsistent
  • Run 70 miles - I ran 75 miles in June
Personal:
  • Get together with friends - lots of coffees, hikes, etc. 
  • Practice Farsi 20 times - 18/20
  • Declutter 100 items from the house - 49/100
  • Meditate daily - I hit this most days, & tried to be much more mindful when I was traveling/not at home
  • Continue exploring various jobs - I look at least several times per week
  • Start college counseling project - I'm currently matched with two students, and have done one meeting & am hoping to meet my other student soon
Given how much we had going on in June, I'm pleased with my progress. July should be a tiny bit easier - we shall see!

What about you? How did you do on your June goals? 


2 comments:

  1. You did great! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lots of progress there. You put me to shame. While I did get many done I still have lots of carry over to this month.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete