Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Wednesday happenings

Sam is off of work this week, so we are trying to get some college stuff done. Yesterday he wrote all of his thank you notes for graduation, and then uploaded his ID & photos to the college, got his AP scores sent in & verified that his high school sent his transcript. He needs to take his math placement test today. He's opting out of the language placement test, and will be taking Spanish. He's had three years of Spanish, but some of that was middle school, and a lot of it during COVID on Zoom calls, so I do think a refresher will be valuable, and he'd be very unlikely to place out of the college classes. I also ordered him some dorm supplies (mattress topper, sheet set, comforter & towel set). Those are all being sent to my sister, to make logistics easier. 

In exciting news, Sam & Nick both did really well on their AP tests, so Sam will earn 12 credits from OSU for those tests. That will help a lot with registration timing (he gets to register ahead of a freshman with no credits), as well as saving some money. We don't know where Nick will end up, but I estimated using OSU's AP information and Nick would earn 12 credits if he attended OSU. All colleges handle the tests slightly different but passing the AP calculus test will save him a year of math for sure. 

I've got either a strain or a tear in my hip flexor, and need to avoid running for at least a week (combined with lots of icing & rest). I'm not great at mandatory workout breaks, but I also know that my relay is coming up in six weeks, and I need to take this seriously to avoid further problems. I had to stop in the middle of a run yesterday, because the pain was really intense. 

I made this baked zucchini dish twice this week, and it's delicious. Highly recommend, if you have surplus garden zucchini. 

Here's what's on the list today:

  • Walk (hopefully that won't bother my hip, but I'm not planning to go very far). Drop off thank you notes at the mail box.
  • Ice my hip
  • Prep for volunteer call
  • Prep for recruiting call on Friday
  • Get Sam to take his math placement test
  • Laundry
  • Daily chores (Farsi, journal, meditate)
  • Work in the yard before it gets too hot
  • Pay a bill for special needs aunt & get reimbursed (this is an ongoing problem that we are trying to resolve, unsuccessfully, as we set everything up for auto bill pay, and it keeps getting rejected)
  • Read by the pool
  • Dust
What about you? What are you up to today? 


2 comments:

  1. Wel, it is already Wednesday and I served kid ground beef tacos, corn on cob and cheese dip with nachos. Yesterday I served him clam chowder with cheese toast. I cannot remember what ai served him Monday.. lol. Idk about the rest of the week. Maybe hamburgers, maybe hot dogs, leftover tacos ??? Whatever he will eat. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Sam will be getting a great start! It just dawned on me tonight that we have exactly a month before college starts here. I need to get going on making a few purchases for that myself! I hope your hip feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete