Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Tuesday things

A couple of top of mind things for me on this lovely Tuesday.

1) I finally got into the doctor about my ongoing hip/glute pain, and I have gluteal tendinopathy, which is a really long recovery injury & can be very hard to treat. I'm going to drop the frequency of my runs, reduce my pace & hope for the best. If that doesn't work, I'll be looking for further alternative options, but it's frustrating, as I've enjoyed running so much lately. I'm hoping to still be able to do the relay in a month or so, but will have to go in much less trained than I would like, keep the pace much slower, and alternate running & walking during the event. Even then, fingers crossed, as I have to do three running legs over the course of ~36 hours or so.
2) We tried the chicken rice with buttered onions recipe & it was fabulous. Highly recommend. The only swap we made was to use chicken breast instead of thighs (we didn't have any chicken thighs on hand). M mentioned that his mom makes a very similar recipe with currants, so we may experiment with adding those next time.

What's everyone else up to today? Any fun recipes to share? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness. I hate to hear your injury has a longer recovery time. I know that's frustrating. I think taking it easy is a good decision. That recipe sounds delicious! I haven't looked at the SK website in a long time. I need to get some fresh ideas!

    ReplyDelete