In light of that, I'll do a fast 2012 goal check. :-)
- Achieve and maintain my goal weight of 130 lbs. I have 20 lbs to go, as I'm starting at 150. - I'm currently at 148 so I've lost 2 lbs. Although this doesn't look like much, I can tell that I am in MUCH better shape than I was a few months ago. My clothes are fitting better, I'm eating well, & I'm working out. Definitely feel on track with this one.
- Complete 10,000 minutes of cardio. My goal was 4500 for 2011, and I crushed this goal in 2012 (ended with 8700 minutes). I want to go big with this goal. :-) - On track! I've completed 1420 minutes of cardio, so 14.2% of my yearly goal.
- Run a 1/2 marathon. I was fully trained for my first 1/2 marathon before I broke my foot in May. I'm starting from scratch, but want to get back to it. - On track! I started my training plan yesterday, & ran 5 miles.
- Spend less than $500 on clothing for myself and less than $500 for shoes/clothes for the kids. I shop for entertainment, and it's totally unnecessary. - On track. I've only spent $14.78, and have actually returned a few things so that I have a negative total for the year.
- Complete 100 strength training workouts. - On track. I've completed 13 workouts, so 13% of the way to goal, with 10% of the year elapsed.
- Give up artificial sugar. (Mostly, the Splenda in my coffee & tea.) This will be TOUGH for me. :-) - I haven't had anything, and my taste is starting to adjust! Although, now that I think about it, I'm going to start needing a electrolyte drink for my longer runs. I wonder if they all have artificial sweetner? I'll have to check this out.
- Reach 50% of our goal for the boys college tuition GET accounts, for both kids. This will take about $12,000. - We've funded $650, so we're technically behind. However, the bulk of this will most likely come out of my September bonus, so we'll only be making small steps until then.
- Track all spending, stick to our budget, and complete monthly spending reports. - On track in January, and February is going well. We're certainly not on track in every category, but things are balancing out nicely.
- Pay off $50,000 on our vacation house mortgage and $100,000 on our primary residence mortgage. - Not sure if this is going to remain a goal. We may be saving cash for a remodel, so we're not sure where we'll land on paying down our mortgages.
- Have one date night per month with M. - On track. Had one for January, and another scheduled for this weekend!
- Get together with two friends/month, and plan a minimum of one girls only vacation this year. - Not on track. We had a snowstorm in January, a friend's mother got sick, work conflicts came up, etc. I did meet up with a friend this weekend for pizza, but need to make this a priority.
- Meet with an attorney & get our life insurance, wills, guardianship, trusts, etc squared away. This is a MUST do this year. - Well, we finally discussed guardians, so that's one step in the right direction. This month my focus is a list of all accounts, so I need to get on that.
How are you doing with your 2012 goals? Do you feel like you're on track? If not, are there changes you can make to get back on track?