Saturday, November 18, 2017

Menu Plan + Saturday Stuff

I'm thrilled it's Saturday. I have a couple of weeks left until my next work trip, so I'm trying to get as much holiday & "life" stuff prepped as possible before I head out. Not only will I be gone for a week, when I come back, I'm usually a zombie for a few days as well.

Here's what's on the menu for the week:

  • Friday - hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls + roasted potatoes (kids choice!) :-)
  • Saturday - lubia polo (a Persian beef, rice & green bean dish)
  • Sunday - White chicken chili (new recipe) with homemade rolls
  • Monday - leftover lubia polo
  • Tuesday - calzones (made with Crescent rolls)
  • Wednesday - leftover chili 
  • Thurdsay - Thanksgiving! 
  • Friday - leftovers from Thanksgiving
I shouldn't need to buy much (two cans of beans for the chicken chili), and I need to make sure I have green beans in the pantry as well. Fresh would be better, but I'm trying to do a pantry clean out. :-) 

Other than that, here's what's on the agenda for today:

  • Go to the grocery store
  • And produce stand + Trader Joes for bananas
  • Soccer game for Sam
  • Soccer game - in the city :-(( - for Nick
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Clean the bathrooms
  • Laundry
  • Register the kids for winter soccer
  • Make lubia polo
  • Take Sam to his ortho appt
  • Go for a run
That's a nice full, but not crazy day. What about you? What are you up to this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. We've been to the thrift store to shop. :)

    Your dinner menu sounds great. I hope you get all the things on your agenda checked off today. I also hope you have a great Thanksgiving this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got your always long list done. I'm tackling my plan in bits.

    ReplyDelete