After that, we came home, & prepped all of the food. It was my first time making a turkey (breast) & it was delicious. My only fail was the stuffing. The mix was just too stale (should have tossed it!) & ended up wasting the entire batch. I love stuffing, so I was super sad that it didn't turn out.
We dressed up, had martinis (sparkling cider for the kids), made appetizers, and had a lot of laughs. It was very relaxing & fun. Such a lovely time with the family.
As for frugal moves:
- Used a gift card to buy two bras at Target. I only have one of each color, and when I travel & wear them for long days, I need other options. Found my preferred brand/cut in a 2 pack - for $10! Used the gift card to get them for zero out of pocket.
- Made my own cranberry sauce, and will use the leftover cranberries to make M's favorite muffins. The cranberry sauce was amazing!
- Made my own hummus, using lingering stuff around the house.
- Found a few Black Friday deals on gifts I was already planning to buy. I'm now officially done with my holiday shopping!
- Used eBates to earn a small amount back on each of my Black Friday purchases.
- Saved the turkey carcass & will make a broth this afternoon
- Will take the boys to a free "play the coaches" session with their soccer club this morning.
- Planning to pick up a few Rite Aid gift cards for things we use anyway. (Uber, which I use for work trips to the airport, & Home Depot).
What about you? How was your Thanksgiving? Any big frugal wins this week?