1) Financial -
- Meet with a financial planner - Nope. This got pushed off.
- Finalize our 2018 budget - We're in pretty good shape. Now the question remains about my timing for leaving my job, which has us a bit up in the air. I need to finalize this in November.
- Finalize our 2018 travel plans - I have the first half of the year sorted, but need to finalize the second half.
- Make progress on list of house projects (i.e. prioritize a couple that are not dependent on other projects, and work on budget & timeline for those) - Nope. This got pushed off.
- Find one alternative cost cutting option - Well, we are selling our car & bought an electric car. We should be just a smidge under the monthly price, all things considered. We paid $5K up front for a lease, and expect to get almost exactly that back on the sale of the other car. The cost of gas negates the $120 monthly lease fee. We can charge for free at work. I'm optimistic that this could be a cost savings for us, as we will try & get our gas bill down to the bare minimum.
- Sell another $100 of items on either eBay or my local Facebook swap site. If nothing sells, donate & get rid of the clutter. - I sold $85 worth of stuff, so at least some progress!
- Stay on budget for our Hawaii trip - yes!
2) Family - Spend more time together as a family!
- Cook one meal with each kid, so they can start helping with the cooking. - This definitely didn't happen in October.
- Have a family game night. - Yes, we had an Uno party. :-)
- Start our planning for Christmas - Yes, I kicked off the process.
- More decluttering & organizing in our new house (would like to get the boys closet shelving installed, so they can put away/organize all of their games & toys) - This hasn't happened yet.
- Stay on track on our vacation & my business trip - I worked out a ton on my vacation, and twice on my work trip. The jet lag made anything else challenging.
- Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day - eh, not while on my business trip.
- Complete 1000 minutes of cardio - yes! I completed 1075 minutes.
- Complete 6 strength workouts. - Yes! I completed 9 strength workouts.
- Complete 6 stretching workouts - And, 9 stretching workouts!
- Register for a Turkey Trot - I found one, but haven't registered. Will take care of this in November.
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress - Eh, I did get promoted, but any time I travel for work, I realize how very hard it is for me.
- Work from home 2x this month. - I managed only once, but I was on vacation for a couple of the days.
- Brainstorm how I would spend my time if I wasn't working. Really think creatively about what this would mean, what the challenges would be, etc. - I made no progress on this one.
- No driving to/from work - use only carpool options - I was over 75%, but we had a few days where I had childcare responsibilities, so had to drive.
5) Personal/creative - Spend more time on myself/creative pursuits.
- Try a new recipe using my new crockpot - Yes! I made a yummy potato soup.
- Do something social at least once per month. - Yes! I went on a hike with a friend.
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month. - They no longer need volunteers for the one school event that worked with my schedule, so I need to find another alternative.
The colors nicely reflected what happened in October - a mixed month. Our vacation was absolutely fabulous, so no regrets there at all!
What about you? How did you do with your October goals? Any big wins to celebrate?