I hate jet lag, and that groggy no energy feeling. It makes it hard to feel engaged with life. But, I'm back & have things to do, so . . . suck it up buttercup.
I'm working through my list of chores, including making a menu plan for the week ahead. Michael is traveling this week, so we'll be eating more freezer based meals than normal.
- Sunday - I defrosted a chicken pasta casserole, as I'm not up to prepping an entire dinner tonight. That's what freezer meals are for!
- Monday - we'll have leftover lasagna
- Tuesday - If there are any other leftovers, we will have that. Otherwise, I'll make breakfast for dinner (pancakes, etc)
- Wednesday - Soup & bread (both from freezer). There are a few soup options in the freezer, but I'm thinking potato soup is at the top of the list.
- Thursday - baked chicken & pasta
- Friday - M arrives home. I'm taking the day off, as the kids have no school. I'll likely make risotto.
- Saturday - we'll be at a soccer tournament all day, so something easy. Maybe naan bread pizzas.
- Sunday - I'm hoping M will make kebabs & rice.
That's it for the menu plan. I also sold three things on eBay (woohoo!), so need to get those mailed tomorrow. Everything is now wrapped & ready to go. I'll print off the labels tomorrow, and get them off in time.
What about you? Any quick & easy (kid friendly) meals to recommend this week?