Saturday, November 25, 2017

It's a bonus Saturday

It definitely feels like a bonus that we're only at the start of the weekend. Woohoo! I have a packed agenda of things I'd like to do today.



  1. Menu for this week
  2. Menu for the beach house
  3. Budget update
  4. Wash all sheets
  5. Clean boys rooms (with them)
  6. Freezer clean out & inventory, so I can make sure I have enough stuff stocked for the rest of the year.
  7. Make soup for tomorrow
  8. Make meatloaf 
  9. Costco
  10. We have an appointment for an estimate with a solar company this afternoon
  11. Ride bike to produce stand, Rite Aid & grocery store (yeast, powdered sugar)
  12. Work out
  13. Decorate the house for Christmas
  14. Wrap gift for M
  15. Laundry
  16. Sam & I still need socks for our family's sock exchange (so much fun - highly recommend!), so we will likely go to Target and/or Ross
And, here's my proposed menu for the rest of the year! I always like to plan the last few weeks, as there's so much going on.

Saturday - 11/25 - meatloaf & (leftover) mashed potatoes
Sunday - 11/26 - turkey potato chowder (new recipe) with homemade rolls
Monday - 11/27 - leftover turkey enchiladas
Tuesday - 11/28 - leftover meatloaf
Wednesday - 11/29 - leftover turkey potato chowder
Thursday - 11/30 - eat up any remaining leftovers. If none remain, spaghetti with meatballs
Friday - 12/1 - chicken fajita skillet
Saturday - 12/2 (I fly to Tokyo). M + the boys will have pizza
Sunday - 12/3 (Tokyo) - M + the boys will have leftover chicken fajita skillet
Monday - 12/4 (Tokyo) - M + the boys will have pasta & meatballs
Tuesday - 12/5 (Seoul) - M + the boys will have leftovers
Wednesday - 12/6 (Seoul) - M + the boys will likely go out
Thursday - 12/7 (Seoul) - M + the boys will have grilled chicken & pasta
Friday - 12/8 (back from trip) - I will cobble together a chicken risotto
Saturday - 12/9 - M & I are going to a holiday party at our neighbor's house. I'll make quesadillas for the kids.
Sunday - 12/10 - Sam has his end of the season soccer party, so the kids will eat there. I'll make chicken pesto pasta for the adults
Monday - 12/11 - leftover chicken risotto
Tuesday - 12/12 - Soup (freezer) + rolls
Wednesday - 12/13 - pasta & meatballs
Thursday - 12/14 - I have a work team dinner. M + the boys will have tacos
Friday - 12/15 - Chicken pilaf
Saturday - 12/16 - M & I have our holiday date night. I'll make something kid friendly for the boys. Probably hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls. :-) 
Sunday - 12/17 - M will make kebabs & rice
Monday - 12/18 - Leftover pilaf
Tuesday - 12/19 - Leftover kebabs & rice
Wednesday - 12/20 - Eat any remaining leftovers. If none remain, pesto (freezer) + pasta
Thursday - 12/21 - White bean chili (freezer) + rolls
Friday - 12/22 - Scramble together something from the freezer before we leave. 
Saturday - 12/23 - flying to Portland. We'll be eating out with my family. 
Sunday - 12/24 - Christmas Eve! We are having pizza & pomegranate martinis 
Monday - 12/25 - Christmas with the family. We have a microbrew tasting + appetizers, followed by soup & salad
Tuesday - 12/26 - We will be at our vacation house. I'll inventory the freezer, but we eat easy things while we're there. I'm going with pasta + meatballs for the first night. 
Wednesday - 12/27 - Beach
Thursday - 12/28 - At the beach, and my parents will likely arrive. I'll probably make some sort of risotto
Friday - 12/29 - At the beach. I'm thinking soup + appetizers
Saturday - 12/30 - Beach (we'll have 6 additional house guests)
Sunday - 12/31 - Beach, NYE. I'm thinking we'll have goat cheese crostini + champagne, followed by steak & mashed potatoes. 
Monday - 1/1 - fly back from the beach. We arrive at 5:30 pm, so I'll make sure there is pizza in the freezer for a quick meal. 

What about you? What's on your agenda for today? Is anyone else decorating? And, inspiration for New Year's Eve? What are you thinking of making? 


1 comment:

  1. What a plan! Crostini needs to ne added to my list for meal options.

    ReplyDelete