1) Financial -
- Meet with a financial planner
- Finalize our 2018 budget. Really!
- Finalize our 2018 travel plans (2nd half of the year)
- Make progress on list of house projects (i.e. prioritize a couple that are not dependent on other projects, and work on budget & timeline for those)
- Find one alternative cost cutting option
- Sell another $100 of items on either eBay or my local Facebook swap site. If nothing sells, donate & get rid of the clutter.
- Finalize our long term financial working doc, and share with M. Take a day off & have a financial review meeting, align, adjust the plan, etc.
- Get our gas bill down to $60 for the month. We have one trip that we're unsure if we can make with the electric car (soccer tournament), but other than that, we should be able to stick to just the electric car for the majority of our commuting.
2) Family - Spend more time together as a family!
- Plan our Thanksgiving menu, and have the kids help with the planning, shopping, prep & cooking.
- Have a family game night.
- Finish Christmas shopping & planning
- More decluttering & organizing in our new house (would like to get the boys closet shelving installed, so they can put away/organize all of their games & toys)
- Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day
- Complete 1000 minutes of cardio
- Complete 6 strength workouts.
- Complete 6 stretching workouts
- Register for & complete a Turkey Trot
- Run 20 miles in November.
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress
- Work from home 2x this month.
- Plan a spa day. I have a gift card from work that I received over a year ago. Find a day I can make this happen, & take the day off, & relax!
- Brainstorm how I would spend my time if I wasn't working. Really think creatively about what this would mean, what the challenges would be, etc.
- Spend no gas on my work commute. Electric car only!
- Try a new recipe using my new crockpot
- Do something social at least once per month.
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month.
- Write at least 6 blog posts. (Including one on mileage maximizing strategies, per request :-)).
I think that's it from my side - what about you? How is your November looking? Any big goals? I'm excited to do the Turkey Trot, and looking forward to our family time at Thanksgiving. What about you? Anything you're particularly looking forward to?