- We used a $5 off a $15 coupon at the local grocery store. I stocked up on some baking supplies we needed, plus risotto rice. We also picked up the Friday Freebie of Gatorade. Nick was very pleased about that, as he's not allowed Gatorade unless he has soccer & it's 90+. :-)
- We bought a few discounted gift cards (Uber, Gap, etc). I then used the Gap gift card to order a Christmas gift that my mom asked me to pick up. Additionally, I ordered through eBates to get cash back.
- I ordered the boys soccer shinguards & new soccer shoes for Sam. His have a hole in them. The shinguards will be part of their Christmas gifts. I ordered from Dick's & used eBates as well for the extra cash back.
- We went to Costco to pick up our weekly groceries, and found turkey breasts marked down from $30 to $9. They were huge breasts, already seasoned, complete with stuffing & gravy. I couldn't pass that up, so into the fridge it went. I almost bought two, but M wouldn't let me. ;-)
What are we up to today? I couldn't sleep, so I've been up since 3:45. Yikes. I'll definitely regret that this evening.
- I'm on call for work (today & tomorrow), so fingers crossed nothing comes up.
- I'm planning to work out
- I've turned the remains of the chicken from Thursday into broth, so that's currently cooking away on the stove
- I have the turkey in the oven
- I'm going to turn the chicken meat leftovers (+ broth) into a turkey/chicken chowder for the freezer & a few meals.
- M is painting. We had the house painted when we moved in, but then had to make some adjustments (adding air conditioning panels, etc), so we've been in need of a touch up for a while now.
- Finalize our 2019 travel plans
- Work on my 2019 goals
- And, our 2019 budget
- Get the boys fitted for skis, so we can look for used options for their Christmas gifts
- Clean the house (may get punted to tomorrow)
- Clean the fridge
How will you be spending your day today? Any good turkey recipes? I made the Thanksgiving Leftovers in a Crescent Roll recipe yesterday & we all loved it! Definitely worth making.