As I do every year, I'm setting a variety of goals that I'll reflect on & tackle over the course of the year. These are a work in progress, but reflect what I'm currently thinking about for my 2019 goals.
I like the five buckets I use, as they keep me reasonably in balance. As with everything in life, there are seasons where I spend more time on one bucket vs the other.
- Stick to the budget
- Come up with a "pay off our house" model
- Every month, come up with a new way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis.
- Model out a 3, 5 & 10 year financial plan
- Do a minimum of one fun activity/month with the kids. This can be family puzzle night, cooking dinner together, board games, going out somewhere, etc.
- Be more present with the kids & M - play games, minimize computer time, exercise together, etc.
- Have two dates with M per month
- Make running a consistent part of my life. Build & follow a training plan, & run a half marathon in under 2:25.
- Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day
- Work out every day in 2019. (Realistically, this will be completing 365 workouts, vs hitting every day. I want a bit of flexibility for days I'm sick, traveling, etc.)
- Get back to more actively tracking my calories
- Complete 10,000 minutes of cardio
- Complete 100 strength workouts.
- Complete 75 stretching workouts.
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress (until I leave)
- Take a sabbatical
- Decide on returning to work part time
5) Personal/creative - Spend more time on myself/creative pursuits.
- Cut my own hair!
- Make time for my friends. Do something social at least once per month.
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month
- Write/journal. Time, goal, etc still TBD
What about you? Are you working on your goals for 2019?