Inspired by The Frugal Girl & the crazy full state of my own freezer, I decided to do a freezer challenge each week. I like the idea of trying to tackle a few items each week, vs an overly optimistic "eat everything in the freezer" plan.
Here's what I have on my list for this week:
- Lasagna. Pan 1 of 2. This will sub in for a couple of dinners this week.
- Edamame. We have a bag of shelled edamame that will go well with dinner this week, so I'll add it in
- Chicken chowder. I'll defrost a bowl & eat it for my lunch on Friday.
- Pot stickers. I'll serve them with dinner this week, although this will certainly not empty the bag.
- Wontons. Same as the pot stickers. This will maybe take care of 1/2 the bag.
- Rotisserie chicken. Use one bag for risotto.
- Chicken broth. Ditto the rotisserie chicken. I'll have to get creative in finding recipes that will move more than one ingredient at a time!
That's it for my Freezer Challenge, Week 1. I'll report back in a week, and also set targets for Week 2. Anyone want to join along, or want support for a similar challenge?