Here are some of the frugal things we did this week:
- Had an offer for $5 off of a $30 purchase at our local grocery store, plus the purchase would generate a $5 off coupon. I don't shop at the grocery store often (we do most of our shopping at Costco & a local produce stand), but I needed a few things for Thanksgiving that neither of our primary stores carry. The store had recently remodeled, so they were also having a few great offers on specific items, so I made a list & bought quite a few things for $27 ($22, after subtracting the future reward.)
- All meals made at home (or, free at work). No eating out
- Sold an item I'd had listed on eBay for a while, earning $20. I love those kind of surprises.
- Started packing things we'll need for Hawaii. Portable snacks, coffee pods, laundry pods, etc.
- I revised my list of everything I can start listing on eBay in the next month or so, or more likely January when I'm not traveling.
- Passed on an opportunity to go to Las Vegas for a long weekend (free room, free food), because with time off of work & flights, it would still be expensive, and we will just be coming back from Hawaii. Aside from the money, I don't enjoy two trips so close. I like to have time to really enjoy them, and find that doesn't happen when they are stacked on top of each other.
What about you? Any frugal wins this week?