I'm really, really hoping this is the last work trip until my sabbatical. *fingers crossed*
M & the boys don't appeared to have spent much either last week, so let's recap a few frugal wins.
- No meals out. Well, I had all meals out, but none that I paid for myself
- My entertainment unit was broken on my return flight, so I spent 11 hours without any entertainment, & United said they would give me a $200 credit. The credit was nice, but. .. it was a dang long flight
- I used a gift card to take Nick to lunch today after soccer. It's so nice to be home & spend time with the boys! I rarely do Mom/son dates, but decided it would be fun today.
- I also bought Uber gift cards (I'm out of credit after all of my work traveling), which yielded a Rite Aid reward. I used the reward for Valentine's Day cards.
- I stocked up on the kids favorite pizza (Digiornos) on a buy 2/get 1 free sale at Rite Aid. We'll use this for their birthday party.
- I used Target gift cards to pick up a gift for Sam's birthday, and for a party Nick is attending.
- I noticed that I was $23 away from earning a $20 gas card at Rite Aid. I normally don't try to chase those, but all of the cold medicine I bought myself had counted, so for $23 of additional spending on things we'll use anyway (mouth wash, body wash, etc), I earned a $20 gas card
- I bought $300 of Home Depot gift cards at our local grocery store, & earned a $30 store gift card.
- I picked up the Friday Freebie at our local store - hummus
Although we're not big into birthday gifts or events, M went to my favorite cupcake shop & picked up treats for the weekend. YUM! Can't wait. I'm also getting a massage tomorrow for my birthday, but have a gift card that should offset most of the cost.
Hope you are all having a lovely & frugal weekend!