Here are a few frugal wins for the week:
- We were able to cover a child care issue (our nanny had a work conflict), on our own, which saved about $50 with carpools & schedule swapping
- Additionally, the boys had no school on Monday. We were able to work out an elaborate patchwork of coverage, and didn't need to pay for childcare during the day. Their age also helps. We've previously had to pay for one day camps, which are quite expensive.
- I used an Uber gift card (purchased to earn a Rite Aid reward) for a trip into the city for a conference. I'll get reimbursed for the full amount back
- I found $20 on the floor at a conference I was attending!
- We avoided eating out, despite all of the craziness. I meal prepped a lot over the weekend, which is the only thing that held it together
What about you? Any frugal wins for the week?