Sunday, March 10, 2019

Grocery deals

I rarely get grocery deals, as my primary store is Costco & they don't heavily discount. I happened to be at our local grocery store yesterday, just as they were doing mark downs. I found a few scores:


  • A box of ginger flavored tea for $1. I'm not super picky on flavor, and enjoy a cup of tea after dinner
  • Ground turkey for $.50/lb. I bought 5 tubs, and there were more. I may go back, now that I know how much freezer space I have
  • A fancy looking, Curtis Stone branded ground beef that had chili spices mixed in. $.99/lb. I bought three.
  • It's a rare day when I buy the kids sports drinks, but we save them for super hot days & back to back games. They have a tournament coming up, & the price was great at $.50/24 oz containers. 
Here are a few other things I've been up to:


  1. I'm making "crack chicken" in the crock pot
  2. I went on a rainy 4 mile run
  3. Cleaned the house, including the moving of furniture to vacuum behind everything
  4. Organized my 3 tier tray, caught up on all of the paper work there
  5. Finished our taxes, so I can have a call with an accountant tomorrow to finalize
  6. Organized two shelves in our pantry
  7. Caught up on laundry
Unlike our house in Seattle, I don't have a treadmill here, so I'm hoping the rain will eventually stop. I don't enjoy training in the rain at all!

Any good scores at the store lately?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some stellar grocery deals! I have never seen ground turkey anywhere near that here.
    Hope the week is great. I think I will add crack chicken to my meal plan for the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy. This grocery store doesn't really discount, particularly meat, so it was exciting!

      Looking forward to trying to the chicken. :-)

      Delete
  2. The Ibotta rebate for the Malt O Meal cereal bags reset so I got another 5 bags for my adult kids. 74 cents a bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have mostly kept our kids from the love of cereal, by not keeping it in the house. Why? Because I will eat that sutff.all.day.long! :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you did get some good deals. We bought eggs for 88 cents this week and bought some meat on markdown, so we are happy with those items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was feeling pretty pleased. Wish I could find eggs on sale. Between my husband & the kids, we go through plenty!

      Delete
  4. Terrific deal! Meat is never discounted around our home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it's normally the same around here, so was thrilled by the discovery!

      Delete
  5. We got nearly 30 lbs of pork chops on sale for $1/lb! We also got a raincheck for boneless skinless chicken breast at $2/lb. We never buy it but it is shockingly helpful on some nights when I need prep to be really easy and fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I"m with you. I'm starting to bucket various grocery items by prep speed. There are some things that are worth having on hand, because they make it incredibly easy to prep a meal.

      Delete