Here's how we're doing!
- Stick to the budget - we're trending high on food, which I'm not at all surprised by, given I'm trying to switch more of our menu to being something M can eat (think Paleo/Keto style). This has resulted in much more meat buying than normal, and much fewer eating things out of the freezer/pantry. I'm hoping this will stabilize somewhat.
- Every month come up with a new way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis - It's not very exciting this month, but we bought a discounted toll pass. We saved $5 off of future tolls, but even better, will be saving 40% off of every toll in the future, given it's an automated pass.
- Make $300 in sidehustle - About 1/2 way there, with two other items listed on our local sale group.
- Finish/file our taxes - 99.9% there. Waiting for one final piece of information, & then just have to transfer the money around to pay.
2) Family - spend more time together as a family
- Do one fun activity/month with the kids. Likely skiing in March - we didn't end up skiing yesterday, as the weather was unpredictable. We did take the kids for ice cream on Saturday evening. We may add in something else as well.
- Get off the computer by 7:45 each evening - I'm doing better with this, and reading more.
- Have two dates with M per month - one of two & a second one scheduled.
- Have two meals/week that a minimum of three people in the family can eat. (Lots of food allergy issues going on)- Yes! We're in a much better place, and menu planning is working great.
3) Fitness - lose 2 lbs - Yes! I've lost just over 2 lbs so far.
- Run 12 times - I've run 5/12, so on track
- Track calories & eat five servings of fruit & vegetables/day - on track
- Work out 33 times (2 additional/bonus workouts to make up for February) - I haven't missed a workout (trending to 11/11), but need to figure out a way to create makeups for February.
- Meditate 10 times - only 3/10 Need to focus on this, as I do enjoy it when I make the time.
4) Work/career - improve my work life balance
- Reduce stress until my sabbatical - due to pending org changes, it's been a rough few weeks. But, I've left, taken breaks, used the gym & tried to remove myself from the stress when feasible.
- Nail a large presentation (I'm not a fan of public speaking) - smaller than expected, but I did fine
- Have one lunch/month to expand my network - 2 scheduled for the month
5) Personal/creative - spend more time on myself/creative pursuits
- Do something social at least once per month - nothing scheduled. Maybe a workout at soccer warmups with a friend?
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month - yes, I'm in charge of helping to set up the soccer field before games
- Journal 10 times - 6/10 times so far
- Make a 2018 photo book - may park this one until my sabbatical. No progress.
- Read one non-fiction book - I've been reading a lot of fiction, so will see about trying to finish one of my non fiction books.
That's it for me. Not being sick as I was in February is really helping with the motivation. Also helping me is that the weather is supposed to improve, which generally gives me a motivational boost. What about you? How are you doing with your goals for the month? Any one goal you'd like to focus on?