I have, however, completed all of my travel plans for the summer. Now I can move on to the booking!
Here's what I'm planning for each month, outside of my plans around the house & with the boys.
May (my sabbatical starts mid-month):
- My sister & I are running a half marathon in Santa Cruz
- I'm taking my mom to Las Vegas. One of my "goals" for my sabbatical was to be able to take advantage of the mid week slot tournaments I'm invited to, but can never join. I just got the invite today, we're both available, & it's booked!
- We're heading to my parents for a weekend in mid-June, and the boys & I will participate in a big mountain biking event
- After the biking event, M & I will head to the beach house for a few days to get projects done there
- I'm going to Hawaii with my sister & BFF
- Post-Hawaii, we'll have relaxing time on the Oregon coast with the boys.
- 4th of July family vacation on the Oregon coast
- M will drive us back from the 4th of July. Let's hope there are no forest fires this year!
- Mid-month, the boys are going to sleep away camp. M & I are planning to get projects done around the house, lounging by the pool, & capping the time with a trip to Las Vegas
- Mom/daughter trip to the beach
- Hood to Coast relay, with Sam joining our team this year!
- I'm slated to head back to work right after Labor Day
While this only captures the travel plans, I'm so looking forward to more time in general with my family. . . the boys, M, my parents, my sister, & some time alone for reflection as well. I've always thought of how much I'd love a summer unencumbered by work commitments, and it looks like I will finally have it! If you had a week/month/summer free of any commitments, how would you spend it?