It's also track season for the boys, and meets go long (Nick runs in the relay, which is the very last event of each meet.) Lucky us. ;-)
Here are a few frugal wins for the week:
- We've been consistently using up food in the freezer. One of my goals for May is to use 15 freezer items. We're at 7, and have been making most of our meals out of freezer options.
- I ran to the office to pick up my car (9 miles), saving the cost of an Uber
- We've eaten leftovers for dinner every night, even on the crazy days!
- We've applied all "unexpected" funds to our unfunded goals (mortgage paydown + college savings)
- Because I won't be getting a paycheck for a few months, I decided to pay upfront out of my savings my additional planned mortgage payments. I then realized that the savings difference between my mortgage interest & even my high yield savings account meant it was worth paying my additional planned mortgage payments for the entire year in one lump sum. It feels good to have that done, and I know I saved additional interest by paying up front.
- Driven the electric car for work commutes, & charged for free.
- We didn't need our nanny this week (one exception), so we worked it out so she'll babysit for a date night. This way, she doesn't lose money & we get a date night that's already included in our "childcare" budget. Win/win.
What about you? What are your frugal wins for the week?