The rain, the wind, the thunder. Oh, 13 miles I'll never forget! I ran the entire thing in my husband's rain coat, because I don't even own a waterproof running jacket. It was huge on me, and flapped in the wind. I'm sure I made quite a few people laugh.
- It certainly wasn't too hot
- I shaved 90 seconds off of my finish time
- My knees and ankles feel totally fine
- Overall, not much soreness at all
- It's done!
- I didn't properly fuel, and felt really low energy.
- The last three miles were super difficult
- It was so rainy. Everything was wet
- Blisters on my feet, due to wet socks/shoes
- It was hard to keep the motivation going, when the rain was just pooling off of me
I'm running a relay in less than two weeks, so I need to get back into consistently running this week. And, my first day of sabbatical (today) didn't exactly go as planned. That's life, I suppose? ;-) More to come! Hope everyone had a great weekend!