I mentioned that I'd been working on some large yard projects, and then we'd hire professionals to wrap up the rest. They came yesterday, and the yard looks amazing! I usually have a bit of regret when we spend a chunk of money on things like this, but after seeing all of the effort, high quality & results, no regrets at all. Seven of our neighbors stopped by to get a card from the service we used, so it seems like many people were impressed. It gave me great pleasure to walk around last night & see how tidy the house looks. Woohoo! We also have the tree service coming on Monday to trim a 50 foot pine tree (not ours, but blocking all of our plants, and dropping enough pine needles on our property to kill even the hardiest plants. Also, in our neighborhood, roof rats exist, and they love building nests in large pine trees. This will also get rid of that. Ick)
What am I up to today, other than admiring the yard?
- One workout, potentially pilates
- A few walks around, to enjoy the sunshine
- Make muffins
- Help M with a shelving project (I'm in charge of emptying & putting back. He's doing the actual building).
- Clean the kitchen
- List all remaining items I can find on eBay
- Pack for our trip
- Call my parents
- Build my schedule for the week
- Sit outside & read my book!
What about you? What plans do you have for today?