Saving on things we buy:
- Can't really think of anything. We made a menu, bought things off of our list, and tried to avoid spending beyond that. For food, we've been eating well:
- White chicken chili soup
- Eggroll in a bowl
- Carnitas nachos (oh, yes! So delicious)
- We did buy some alcohol in California before we drove here, as the taxes make is significantly cheaper. Less expensive happy hour!
- We also picked up a few items we needed here, as there's no sales tax.
- Sold patio chairs & a waffle maker on the local Facebook site, making $60
- We've done low key activities like walks on the beach, runs through the state park, playing rummy, and watching movies.
- I used mint that I wrapped in a wet paper towel when we left California, and it was still fresh. I like to use it in water with a bit of lemon juice.
- Worked out with a free yoga video, on a drizzly morning
That's it from our side. What frugal wins have you had lately?