Tuesday, June 2, 2020

June goals

As much as possible, I want to use the time at home as a positive. I'm working hard on focusing on my mental health & well being, and supporting my family during this time. I also really need small forward progress, so I love mini goals. They keep me motivated throughout the month. Here are my goals for June.

1) Financial

  • Stick to the budget
  • Achieve our next mortgage milestone
  • No clothing/shoes purchases (for me)
  • Make $350 in side hustle
  • Keep working through freezer/pantry clean out. Use 10 items off of the list

2) Family

  • Play tennis weekly with the boys (or, another fun activity)
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening
  • Have a weekly half hour alone with M
  • Monthly calls (or shared videos) with M's family
  • Two hours of practicing Farsi or Spanish
  • Make revised July/August plans

3) Fitness/health
  • Lose 2 lbs
  • Work out every day
  • Track calories, aim for 1400 calories/day.
  • Complete 1400 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 5 stretching workouts
  • Meditate 20 times
  • Run 10 times

4) Personal/creative
  • Spend time with friends (virtually, or otherwise)
  • Volunteer
  • Journal 25 times
  • Grow as a person:
    • Adapt a more positive mind set
    • Listen more vs talking
    • Reduce swearing
  • Read one non-fiction book
  • Compliment M every day
  • Support the kids with online learning
  • One project/day (taking advantage of WFH)


What about you? What goals are you hoping to accomplish in June? How have you adapted your goals to fit the current situation?

1 comment:

  1. We too have been working on our mental health since having to stay at home the last two months. It's so important, although not always easy, to not let ourselves get down and out while coping with this stressful situation.

    I like your goal of using 10 items off your freezer/pantry list. That should be very doable. Your personal/creative goals are so great. I really like the "grow as a person" list. What a great list you've created for yourself this month. I hope you accomplish every one. :)

    ReplyDelete