It's been such a very busy week (work combined with lots of family stuff), but here are our wins.
Saving on things we buy
- We all went out to dinner for my birthday, and typically would share a bottle of wine. Instead, M & I had a glass of champagne at home, as we had to wait for the boys to finish soccer practice. I ended up having one glass of wine at the restaurant, but M was the driver & had nothing, so it was much less expensive than a bottle of wine.
- Scanned a receipt I picked up off of the ground at the grocery store, so I was then $.50 away from another Fetch offer! Found some discounted Ben & Jerry's non-dairy ice cream on clearance, so picked that up for $3, earning a $5 reward, so a $2 money maker, plus free ice cream. :-)
- Bought Home Depot gift cards at the grocery store, which generated rewards.
- I sold a jacket on eBay.
- I earned $56 on Rakuten (from the last payout period), which was transferred to my account.
- Received a $40 class action settlement
- Picked up oat milk, which was $3.49 & had a $2 grocery store digital coupon, and an iBotta $1.50 offer, making it free.
Eating what we have:
- I made spinach dip for the Super Bowl, and used up a bunch of pantry ingredients. Yum!
- I also had a lunch of soup in a can, from a Friday Freebie (grocery store). It wasn't the best I've had, but it was passable.
- I've been using chocolate almond milk to make delicious smoothies, as a breakfast or lunch fill in.
- M burned the wings for the Super Bowl, and we thought of ordering pizza, but I remembered we had a few other appetizers that we could sub in.
- Gave one of the boys team mates a ride to soccer, and gave another teen a ride home from school after an impromptu scrimmage
- Kept in touch with my mentees, & volunteered at my non-profit
- Shared birthday cupcakes with my neighbor
That's it from my side. What about you? Any wins to share?