Monday, February 7, 2022

Menu Plan Monday

 We have a busy week planned, so need a clear plan heading into the week. 

  • Friday - we did takeout, after a wild & late soccer game
  • Saturday - it was a bit of a grab bag. I had eggs & potatoes (I don't typically eat breakfast, so love breakfast for dinner). Sam had edamame, green beans & taquitos (all his choice), & Nick had a chicken sandwich. 
  • Sunday - spring rolls, gyozas & chicken
  • Monday - soccer game. Baked chicken & ravioli. 
  • Tuesday - Pasta, a new sauce I got at Trader Joes, & meatballs
  • Wednesday - soccer game. chicken tacos.
  • Thursday - out for my birthday. It will be a mad scramble to get the kids from practice, get them out of their uniforms & to the restaurant on time. 
  • Friday - soccer game. Meatball soup & bread. 
Apparently, we will be having a lot of chicken this week! What about you? What's on your menu for the week ahead? 

6 comments:

  1. Please give your opinion of the TJ's pasta sauce.
    Hope you have a great week and a lovely birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried the cacio e pepe, and I thought it was "okay". We prefer olive oil, grated romano & salt/pepper. I probably won't buy it again, but it was nice to try.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Edamame is on my list for next grocery shop. Soccer is driving your meals for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a few games rescheduled earlier in the season, due to COVID, so they are all falling in the next week or so. I love edamame, as does Sam. We both fight over the bowl when I make it.

      Delete
  3. There are leftovers galore in the fridge so once those are gone. I will go to the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been doing a good job in the freezer. I'm planning on wings & artichoke dip for the Super Bowl, which will use up some pantry items, as well as a bag of wings in the freezer.

      Delete