Saturday, February 26, 2022

Saturday Happenings

We are back from skiing, & Park City sure was beautiful!  



It was also quite chilly there, much chillier than our normal California ski weather. The logistics of a ski trip are tricky (bringing gear/equipment & getting it through the airport x4), but the trip home yesterday was an absolute breeze. Hurrah! 

I skied my first black run in a long time (definitely since having kids), & Sam stayed with me on the run, encouraging me for the entire thing. It was a lot of fun. Nick has moved on to the most challenging runs possible, and really enjoys pushing himself. I'm so happy we all made it back safe & sound, with no injuries & everyone having a wonderful time. It makes all of the logistics worth it.

We got home last night, unpacked, & M made spaghetti & meatballs for dinner. He does something magical with the noodles. I think it's plenty of butter. ;-) Yum.

Okay, so what's on the agenda for today:

  • Menu planning
  • Grocery shopping
  • Work out
  • Laundry. I did two loads last night, but there is still quite a bit.
  • Plan work calendar & schedule for the week ahead
  • Finish the last of the unpacking
  • Get all washed/line dried ski gear back into the ski bags & put away 
  • We have ants. Just a few at a time, but find the source outside & spray.
  • Yard work
  • Pay bills
  • Wash all bedding
  • Take boys for haircuts (M) 
I also feel like I should add that I find the current world situation horrifying, hard to watch, & anxiety inducing. Please don't read my lack of discussion as disinterest or lack of awareness on my side. It most certainly is not. I have trouble sleeping, have teens who want to discuss the situation in great detail, & it's very, very difficult. However, I try to keep my blog a place without that, both for myself & for readers. 

What are you up to today? 

7 comments:

  1. Yard work that isn't shoveling snow sounds good, even if a chore. The mountains are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No judgement here. My team talked about this at work, and I am just stunned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful picture.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I come here to get away from it - not be reminded of it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home! :)

    We're also having spaghetti, though ours is baked. It smells pretty awesome. We took advantage of the nicer weather today and went for a walk. It was nice to finally be able to get outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even if you don't discuss it in depth here, it IS a bit reassuring to know it's on your mind and that the kids are discussing it with you in a community feeling kind of way. We're discussing it with JB, who is much younger than yours, and it helps to know how other parents are handling it.

    I'm so glad you had a fun trip and everyone came back safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on the world situation. I've been so stressed about it I got a fever blister and find I have to turn the news off. It's nice to come and read something not related to such a sad and awful situation, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete