I'm a bit behind this month, but better late than never! It was a busy month with lots of commitments for work & with the kids, so I was clearly overly ambitious with my goals.
- Research work financial planning benefits - no, roll to next month
- Review & revise categories & 2022 budget - yes, done
- Determine 2022 travel plans & budget - yes, done
- Research a Donor Advised Fund for charitable contributions - very light research, follow up with accountant
- Stick to the budget/experiment with new template & tweak as needed - yes, & I really like the new template. Someone left a comment asking which budget template we use. I've built my own in Excel, and use that. I'd previously had a monthly budget, and a separate yearly budget. It was meant to give us more visibility into how we were trending on monthly stuff, so we could make adjustments. In reality, we rarely used the monthly info & simply checked in quarterly across all categories. Merging the budgets together has really streamlined the work for me.
- Plan one fun activity with the kids - we went skiing on a long weekend
- Re-institute family electronic rules - yes
- Get into a good homework system with the kids - it was a struggle at the beginning of the month, but we're getting there
- Have two dates with M - we went to a wine tasting, & also had a margarita on a sunny afternoon when the boys were both out of the house.
- Call or videos for M's family - M called weekly, but I fell off of my part of sending photos
- Stretch every day - I did great at the beginning of the month, & this sort of fell by the wayside. I stretched 20 days.
- Lose 2 lbs - I lost 3 lbs (mostly carryover Christmas weight, so hopefully the rest of my losses are actually from the weight I'm trying to lose, vs yoyo'ing)
- Track calories - Yes, I tracked daily
- Close my fitness rings every day - yes!
- Meditate & fast 20 times - I meditated 13 times, and fasted 9 times. I'm working out a lot, so finding the fasting harder. I'll keep experimenting to see what works best.
- Make an appointment with the dermatologist - Yes
- Do something social with friends - met friends 2x for hikes
- Invest time in volunteer roles - yes, I've kept this up
- Read an article on happiness & the relationship between helping others - no, roll to next month
- Complete one exploratory exercise on my next phase (post current career) - I started a book, but really didn't enjoy it, and didn't finish it.
- Research coaching class - I considered a class via work, but opted not to do it right now, as my schedule is really busy
- Journal 10x - I journaled 7 times.
So there you have it! Progress, not perfection. Some good steps in January, but still plenty of room for improvement & progress in February. What about you? How did you do with your January goals?