Sunday, June 4, 2023

Sunday Things

I made good progress on my to do list yesterday, but a few things have carried over to today (my usual weekend approach). M made delicious barbecued chicken and rice, which we had with our first artichoke from the garden. He grilled it, and I made a lemon aioli to go with it, and it was fabulous. We need to tweak the cooking time a bit, so we're going to practice with more artichokes. I like this kind of practice. ;-) 

It's going to be a very intense work week, with lots of early morning starts. M & I planned our schedules, so we understood the overlaps, the boys schedules, late days, etc. I'm glad we took the time to do that yesterday, as it makes the week ahead a bit easier.

Here's what's on the list today:

  • Meet a friend for a hike
  • Vacuum (M did part of this yesterday, as my back has been bothering me.)
  • Practice Duolingo
  • Water plants
  • Go to Sam's soccer game (last one of the season)
  • Make coleslaw (we opted for the artichoke instead last night)
  • Make protein balls for Sam
  • Read by the pool
  • Sweep
  • Order steam mop
What about you? What's on your to do list this weekend? Any tips to share of what you do on weekends to make the week ahead easier? 

2 comments:

  1. I walked an hour at a new park our city has opened by the river and it was fantastic! I totally understand about the back issues as there are days I can barely walk. Luckily this week I have been able to walk. I made for the middle son, hamburgers and corn on the cob, for lunch. He is happy. Good luck to the kids in finals. School ended last week here. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you on the back pain - it's so miserable! We're getting through finals, but it's mysterious how often mom is right, yet no one ever notices. ;-) It's SO hard not to say, "I told you so", but I do my best to resist.

      Hope you have a great week, with lots of walking & no back pain.

      Delete