The busy season of end of school is upon us. Combined with some really busy work days, this was about all I could manage.
Saving on things we buy
- I've continued to upload receipts to Fetch, and found a $.10 receipt offer on iBotta, so uploaded a receipt there as well.
- Used Target rewards + a few gift cards I don't remember having to slightly offset the cost of the steam mop I purchased. our entire house is either hard wood or tile (no carpeting) & getting the floors cleaned is a struggle. My mom has this mop & loved it, so I figured it was worth a try to make life easier.
- I have a bunch of stuff to list on eBay, but have so far made zero progress.
- Thought long & hard about getting takeout 2x this week, but instead, I cobbled together a dinner one night, and M did the same on another night.
Eating what we have
- Grilled an (enormous) artichoke from the garden, and had that with dinner on Saturday. I made a delicious lemon aioli to go with it.
- I made eggs a few times this week for meals, and served as an open faced sandwich with whatever I found in the fridge (1/2 a bun one day, and the end of a loaf of bread another day). I topped both with sliced pepper jack cheese (leftover from Sam's sandwich making) & sliced tomatoes.
- Nick had friends over for lunch on Monday (they brought a pizza with them), but underestimated how much food it would take to feed 5 hungry teen boys. I offered them the chicken I made myself for lunch, plus chips & cookies from the pantry.
- Gave away a bunch of PSAT books & other prep material in BN, as well as sporting equipment, some clothes, etc.
What about you? Any wins to share?