Wednesday, August 2, 2023

August Goals

 August will be a busy month. M & I are doing a long weekend in Las Vegas, while the boys are with my parents. Then the boys return, and it's a flurry of back to school activities (dentist appointments, sports physicals, packet pickup & the actual start of back to school). I'm also doing Hood to Coast (a relay that goes from Mt Hood to Seaside Oregon) at the end of the month, so I'll be training for that as well. We've got a lot to get done in August!

Financial:

  • Stick to our budget
  • Use 6 "hard to use" freezer or pantry items. 
  • Make $100 in side hustle 
Family:
  • One fun activity with the kids 
  • Prep & get ready for back to school. Complete all registration & sports physical requirements.
  • Work in the yard
  • Two dates with M 
  • Prep for September travel (I'm going to Tokyo unexpectedly for work, and heading to France at the end of the month)
Fitness/Health:
  • Complete my running plan for the month & successfully finish my legs at Hood to Coast 
  • Follow the No S diet 
  • Meditate 3x 
  • Have my colonscopy
Personal:

  • Do something social with friends 
  • Practice French on Duolingo -
  • Finalize all France activities
  • Give away 20 items on BN 
  • Try new garden recipes 
  • Get back into journaling 
What about you? Do you have any goals for the month? Share, so we can cheer you on!

4 comments:

  1. By "No S" I'm assuming you mean Sugar?
    Have fun with that Colonoscopy prep day....woohoo! lol As a reward you'll get a nice drugged nap when they perform it. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's part of the "No S" diet. It's very straightforward. No snacks, seconds or sweets on days that don't start with an S (M-F). You can flex more on Sat & Sun. I love that it removes a lot of the decision making & have found it very easy to follow. More details here. https://www.nosdiet.com/

      Oh yes, super jazzed for that colonscopy ;-)

      Delete
    2. Should add, this is not a referral & I have zero relationship with the website and/or whomever put it together. Just something that's working for me.

      Delete
  2. A great set of goals. Me, well I just want to get as much accomplished as I can before we leave on our cruise.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete