1) Financial -
- Start forecasting & modeling our plans for selling our rental house - yes! We have a plan, and a forecast on what we expect to clear.
- Pay our taxes. Yay. ;-) - Yes. Hurrah for the IRS.
- Adjust our budget as needed, now that we've had a month in the house. - We have a rough budget, but are still trying to understand utilities, etc. Also, we have a few upcoming strange months covering the rental expenses, etc. I'll be tackling this again more officially once our house sells.
- Build a list & budget for all remaining house projects - I have a draft, but need to update it.
- Find one alternative cost cutting option - I didn't really make much progress on this. I need to put my thinking cap on! I was considering ordering the re-usable plastic bags (ziplock replacements). Does anyone have any that they recommend?
- Sell another $100 of items on either eBay or my local Facebook swap site. - I didn't sell anything. We have a flat screen TV that we need to sell, but I haven't gotten myself organized enough yet to take pictures & list it yet.
- Finalize our decluttering & organizing in the new house - it's a work in progress, but I would definitely not describe it as "finalized".
- Do a minimum of one fun activity/month with the kids. This can be family puzzle night, cooking dinner together, board games, going out somewhere, etc. - We took the boys BMX racing a few Saturdays ago, and they had a blast.
- Be more present with the kids & M - play games, minimize computer time, exercise together, etc.- We have been spending a lot of time together working on the house. Not sure that's as fun as everyone would want, but lots of time mowing the lawn, raking leaves, etc. We are all working together!
- Have two dates with M per month (one lunch, one evening) - M & I had a great dinner date together to celebrate his promotion.
- Continue researching plans for an adult trip in October - Yes! It's booked & we are going to Hawaii to celebrate our anniversary.
- Run 20 miles in April - yes, I ran 24 miles in April
- Run a 10K - yes! I ran a 10K last Friday. I got the route incorrect, so it ended up being closer to 8 miles!
- Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day - I finished with 3.6/day, so still work to do here.
- Complete 1000 minutes of cardio - Yes! Best results of the year. I finished with 1,115 minutes of cardio.
- Complete 6 strength workouts. - Yes, I had 8 strength workouts!
- Complete 6 stretching workouts. - I had stretching workouts. A clear area of focus, as I'd like to consistently do yoga a minimum of 1x/every week, and 2x/week as often as possible.
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress - it's been a rough few weeks, as we discuss fully reorganizing our teams & responsibilities. I've been trying to work out to offset the stress, which helps.
- Work from home 2x this month. - I managed 1x/this month. I had visitors at my house earlier in the month, so it wasn't feasible to work from home.
- Try a new recipe - Nope. It wasn't one of those months. Lots of guests, some traveling, & general chaos.
- Do something social at least once per month. - Yes, I had a girls trip!
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month. - Yes, in that I organized & sponsored a fundraiser for our school, which raised $850. The party will be held in May, so that will require more volunteering. I also volunteered at the school for a fitness event, so I managed two different activities.
What about you? How did you do with your April goals? I'm off to go set some fancy May goals! :-)