Other than being sick, it's been a wonderful holiday. Relaxing, no family drama, and time together. We were feeling well enough to take the kids to fly kites on the beach yesterday.
The Oregon coast is a magical place.
Before the kite flying, we went to town to get groceries & stock up for the week. We also bought Sam a new pair of shoes at the Nike outlet. We ended up with 3 pair of shoes for $60, so feeling good that everyone now has shoes that fit properly.
Favorite Christmas gift this year . . . the pogo stick received by Nick. He's obsessed. :-)
And, menu for the week:
- Monday (12/25) - we had appetizers, soup, salad, etc
- Tuesday (12/26) - used leftover shrimp for a shrimp pasta dish
- Wednesday (12/27) - kebabs (freezer) + roasted potatoes
- Thursday (12/28) - my parents will be here. We'll use leftover charcuterie meat & cheese for a homemade risotto + salad
- Friday (12/29) - we will have a big crowd, so M will make homemade chicken strips, & stuff them in a bread. You then thinly slice & serve with salad + appetizers.
- Saturday - (12/30) - leftovers
- Sunday (12/31) - New Year's Eve - we'll be making steak & potatoes. Serving with champagne. :-)
- Monday (1/1) - heading home. We'll eat something out of the freezer.
Wishing you all a healthy, peaceful, & relaxing new year!