M tried out an experimental new recipe last night. We were supposed to be on a date night, but both kids felt sick, and I'd only had a few hours of sleep, so we opted to stay at home, split a nice bottle of wine, and have a family night instead. It was perfect! We worked on a puzzle, looked at Christmas lights, watched a holiday movie with a bowl of popcorn, & had a fabulous dinner. The experimental recipe involved making your own breaded chicken (cut into pieces), then stuffed into a hollowed out baguette, wrapped with mozzarella. Then brush the baguette with butter, garlic & fresh parsley & bake. It was heavenly. You can also serve the remainder of the breaded chicken with marinara dipping sauce. He's trying out a different version tonight with homemade meatballs subbing for the chicken. YUM!
Here's the menu for the week:
- Friday - I made chicken risotto with goat cheese
- Saturday - previously described "chicken stuffed baguette", as I'll now call it
- Sunday - meatball stuffed baguette. . . stromboli, maybe? Probably similar to that, minus a homemade pastry as the base
- Monday - chicken pesto pasta
- Tuesday - leftover chicken baguette
- Wednesday - leftover meatball baguette
- Thursday - Eat any remaining leftovers. If that fails, I'll defrost a chicken pilaf from the freezer
- Friday - clear out the fridge/freezer. If nothing remains, I'll whip up spaghetti & meatballs
- Saturday - we fly to Portland & will be eating out with my family after our flight
And, here's what's on the agenda for today:
- Wash all of the sheets
- Clean the house
- Make a packing list
- Get some exercise. I want to go for a run, but still have a bit of a burn on the top of my foot from my straightener incident. May opt for one of my strength workouts, which can be done without shoes in a pinch
- Take holiday gift over to neighbor
- Pick up M's lost coat at other neighbor's house
- Take the boys & friends out to frozen yogurt. (This is one of their pre-Christmas gifts - they wanted to treat friends to frozen yogurt). The weather is a bit chilly, & we'd originally planned on the movies, but one friend had a conflict.
Should be a pretty fun & mellow day. I'm also hoping that, maybe, possibly I'll get a chance to read my book. A girl can dream! What about you? What's on the agenda for today?