It's been the normal crazy week, but there have been some frugal victories. Here's what we have this week:
- Made turkey broth out of leftover Thanksgiving carcass
- Ate turkey leftovers all week (turkey enchiladas + turkey chowder)
- Found a great gift card deal at the grocery store, earning a $20 store gift card. Free groceries! The gift cards were for things we need in the next 6 weeks, so money we would have spent anyway
- Organized my freezer, so I can now see what we have, and not overbuy/waste food
- Sold a bike Sam had outgrown for $50
- Paid to have a dining room chairs re-upholstered vs buying new. Maybe some cost savings, but happy we kept them out of the landfill. They are 20+ years old, and very high quality. Happy to have them back, & they look great.
- Sold two more items on eBay
- Sent for the rebate of a pool pump. Even though we had a functioning pool pump, it was a very old school/non-energy efficient version. We bought a newer one that should pay for itself in a year, through reduced energy costs. Plus, there was a rebate of $100 through our power company ending shortly.
- Ate all meals at home (or, for free at work). Another week of zero dining out!
- Finished my Christmas shopping, and stuck to my budget.
That's it for us. I'm off to Tokyo tomorrow morning, so while I'll be spending no money, I need to make sure the boys have ample quick meal options. What about you? Any frugal wins for the week?