Here are a few frugal things for the week
- Bought a $20 Uber gift card for $9.50 using a promo offer from Uber + a Raise discount. Also logged through eBates, so hoping for a small additional discount. We'll use our Uber credit for trips to & from the airport this holiday.
- Called Alaska about a 2+ hour flight change for a flight I'm taking in March. Tried to get a flight that better matched my original itinerary, but nothing was available. Ended up with a $75 credit for a future flight for a 5 minute phone call. Their customer service is top notch! Even better, after rejigging a few plans, I think the flight change will actually be even better than my original flight.
- Made all dinners at home
- Maximized our child care options this week, while the kids were off of school. M took a day off, I took a day off, we did one day of camp, etc.
- On M's day with the kids, he took them to the science museum in San Francisco. We used a company discount, so he was able to get in for free, and the kids tickers were 10% off.
It's also that time of the year where I get my annual bonus, & make a plan for the total (paid out in January). This year will be a bit boring, given my upcoming change in employment, but here's what I'm thinking:
- Max out my 401K - $18,500
- Donate - $7,500. This is in addition to our standard monthly charitable deductions. We have a few special projects in mind.
- Travel - $7,000 for the year
- The rest - save for our 2018 yearly expenses
And, that's it! Looking forward to wrapping up work & getting in some family time. What about you? any frugal wins for the week?