Sunday, December 17, 2017

December goals

Better late than never! I'm pretty sure this is the latest I've been with monthly goals, but still going for it!

1) Financial - 
  • Finalize our 2018 travel plans (2nd half of the year)
  • Find one alternative cost cutting option
  • Sell another $100 of items on either eBay or my local Facebook swap site. If nothing sells, donate & get rid of the clutter.
  • Get our gas bill down to $100 for the month. (Renting a car in Portland over the holidays, so won't be able to use the electric car.)
  • Get all of our 2018 budgets in order
2) Family - Spend more time together as a family!
  • Have a family game night. 
  • Take the boys to see Christmas lights
  • Watch a Christmas movie & have popcorn
  • More decluttering & organizing 
3) Fitness/health - gain zero pounds in December
  • Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day
  • Complete 1000 minutes of cardio
  • Complete 6 strength workouts.
  • Complete 6 stretching workouts

4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
  • Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress 
  • Work from home 2x this month.
  • Plan a spa day. I have a gift card from work that I received over a year ago. Find a day I can make this happen, & take the day off, & relax!
  • Brainstorm how I would spend my time if I wasn't working. Really think creatively about what this would mean, what the challenges would be, etc.

    5) Personal/creative - Spend more time on myself/creative pursuits.
    • Try a new recipe using my new crockpot
    • Do something social 
    • Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month.
    • Find one good deed per day. Can be tiny or big.

    What about you? How are you doing with your goals for December? 

    3 comments:

    1. So faar, no weight gain. My water consumption is up, but unfortnltey, mkes me have to get up t night. Trde offs.

      ReplyDelete
    2. All my goals for December were money goals and I'm mostly done with them. The one I'm most struggling with is figuring out how to appropriately take care of myself during an extra stressful holiday season.

      ReplyDelete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete