- Used a combination of a companion fare (offered through our flight credit card) + miles to book four tickets for Christmas, saving $538.
- After we had to turn around on our ski trip (pass was closed due to avalanche control), we were able to get our money back on the lift tickets ($330). This was extremely awesome news, as they are non-refundable.
- Returned the ski pants I didn't end up needing (no skiing)
- Sold a watch for $307 (after shipping fees)
- Received a $20 credit for price matching flights. Will use for future travel. I haven't done this in a while & need to remember to go back & fill out the price matching weekly. The one flight I thought I could skip (because the tickets were so cheap to start with) actually yielded the $20 credit. Who knew.
- Booked a flight for an October trip using frequent flier miles + $11 of the $20 noted above to cover the taxes. Paid $0 out of pocket.
- Used a Starbucks gift card to cover snacks + breakfast on my trip with my mom & sister
- Made pizza at home for my son's birthday meal
We had a few expensive weeks in there, and pre-booked a lot of travel to take advantage of expiring deals, so it was nice to have a few wins. What about you - any frugal wins to report?