Sunday, March 18, 2018

Getting things done Sunday

I took a recipe from a fellow blogger & made Chicken Curry last night, and it was incredible. It felt so nice to make a big dinner yesterday, and have time to actually prepare it. It may have been helped by the very nice bottle of wine that M & I shared while I was cooking & we were chatting. One of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday evening. :-)

The boys have a super early soccer game this morning (warm ups start at 7:30 am, and the location is 30 minuts from us), so we'll get that knocked out & then focus on the rest of the day.

Here's what we'll accomplish during the rest of the day:


  1. Soccer
  2. Yoga
  3. Some sort of cardio. A run, weather permitting
  4. Make granola bars for snacking
  5. Make hummus
  6. Clean both fridges
  7. Finish cleaning the bathrooms
  8. Clean the kitchen
  9. Dust
  10. Vacuum
  11. Check library stats after my recent returns
  12. List a few books on Amazon
  13. Build my workout schedule for the week
  14. Review my work schedule & adjust as needed
  15. Build schedule for the nanny
  16. Laundry
And, here's the menu plan for the week ahead:



Saturday - Naan pizzas (kids), chicken curry (adults)
Sunday - beef kebabs & rice
Monday - leftover chicken curry
Tuesday - at a work event late. M to make the kids leftover kebabs & rice
Wednesday - leftover curry & naan pizza
Thursday - eat anything leftover from the earlier days of the week, or spaghetti & meatballs
Friday - chicken fiesta rice skillet

What about you? What are you making/eating this week? What makes you feel prepared, heading into the work week?

2 comments:

  1. You have a super busy day. I am impressed you can fit that much into one day.
    I am starting my second round of Whole 30 tomorrow so today is a prep day. As long as I have some things on hand I will stay on it, but the minute I have nothing prepped my restraint disappears. It is a gorgeous day and I would love to be outside but I can literally see the pollen flying every time the wind blows. so it's a stay inside and cook day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I do extremely well with my weight/fitness/eating on regular days. However, I've been tracking how many "irregular" days are in my life, and it's more than I thought. And, I don't do well on irregular days. It sorts of explains why my weight hasn't been dropping. I need to have fewer days where i get off track, regardless of reason.

      Delete