- Spend $200 or less on groceries (have a gift card for the rest) - Yes! We were able to use a gift card, and keep the spending to $151. Win!
- Keep dining out to $150 (that's with two birthdays) - Yes! We spent $139. This included a dinner out for my birthday, plus an unexpected meal out when we had a power outage.
- Pay for plans on house remodel, so we can get a finalized budget & timeline, and make prioritizations - On track. Have paid for the plans & have met with the designer. Waiting to hear back from the designer on budget & timeline.
- Come up with one way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis - I came up empty for February, so hopefully can figure out two ideas for March.
- Assuming one car is back from the shop, sell our sedan (carryover from Jan, as car isn't back from shop) - eh. This hasn't happened. M has had a lot going on, and he's responsible for this.
- If we sell the sedan, call around for new car insurance. (ditto above)
- Earn another $200 in sidehustle money. Split this between college money for the kids, & an extra payment on our vacation house mortgage.- I made $225 this month
- Get our taxes sorted! Yikes, so scared to tackle this. - Have handed off all docs to accountant, & also answered all questions that have been generated to date. There was an error in my husband's W2, so we need that resolved before we can proceed
- Have one family evening together: cooking dinner, board games, etc - we went skiing instead!
- Have a date night with my husband - Yes, & it was lovely!
- Continue financial help (knowledge, not money) with sister & friend - Yes, I sent a doc with additional money saving, budgeting & overall financial help. Continuing to provide input & support.
- Determine timing & budget for adults only vacation - Timing is sorted, and we will likely go to Napa in July while the kids are in camp. Budget is still a bit of a work in progress.
- Take the kids skiing one time - Yes, and they had a great time!
- Complete another full round of 21 Day Fix - Completed 19 of 21 days, and used the other two for additional running. So, I'm okay with the tradeoff.
- Eat 5.5 servings a day of fruit & veggies - Closed the month with 4.4 servings/day
- Lose 3 pounds - I lost 2.6 pounds.
- Run at least 6 times - Yes! I ran 6 times this month.
- Work from home 3 days - Yes, done
- Take two classes that I need for a work opportunity - Nope. Work is absolutely crazy right now.
- Make one new recipe - nope. We kept the menu simple this month.
- Spend time with a friend -Yes! Met a friend for dinner.
- Volunteer at least 1x - yes, actually volunteered 2x.
- Write for at least 4 hours on personal stuff - Nope. :-( Need to plan time for this.
- Summarize my findings from completing my Dream Bio, and plan to turn at least one of those findings into action. - No, still haven't done much with my findings.
All in all, I'm happy with the progress this month, and need to sort my March goals! What about you? How did you do with your monthly goals?