Saturday, March 17, 2018

Still out there

It's been an absolutely crazy few weeks. I spent last Thursday-Sunday with my mom & sister at our vacation house. It was a long overdue Mother's Day/Birthday gift for my mom. Then came home & had a long work week/offsite. I had evening events every day, and we rounded out the week with Nick's birthday party/sleepover last night.

I am exhausted! I knew March would be crazy going into it, and it's been all that & more. In positive news, I only need to be in the city one day next week, vs the two I was expecting.

I know myself well, and it's clear that not having the time to plan, grocery shop, make a menu & clean the house really puts me in a stressful position at the start of the week. I'm looking forward to getting back to a routine this week.

All of that planning really helps us get through the week, so we're getting back to it!

Here's what I need to get done today:


  1. Sleepover kids are getting picked up in a few hours, so I'll need to make pancakes.
  2. Make the menu
  3. Make a grocery list
  4. Go for a run
  5. Yoga
  6. Take Nick to soccer. It's suppose to be super rainy, so that should be fun. ;-)
  7. Clean the bathrooms
  8. Laundy
  9. Return overdue books to the library
  10. Make an appointment for a hair cut. I can't stand it! It's been over a year & my hair is driving me crazy.
  11. Go to bed early!
I'll be really happy if I can get all of that done today. What about you? What are you hoping to get done today?

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you were taking a hiatus, but then remembered the busy weeks you were planning for in your previous post. Your kids have a busy social life, don't they? I hope you get yourself settled, organized, and start the week how you intend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids both play one sport (soccer), and both have their birthdays a month apart. So, it gets a little crazy over those four weeks. And then, sure enough, my youngest gets invited to a million parties. I reject at least half of them, because we just can't make it work, scheduling wise. Sam is still finding his stride, so we try to make pretty much all of the invites work. But yes, I definitely spend much of my "free time" taking them places. :-)

      Delete