Ahh, what a week. I was rear ended on my way to work on Wednesday morning, so I've been resting up at home while my neck & back heal up. It's so frustrating to feel out of commission, but I'm grateful that no one was seriously injured, and that I have a job that still pays me even when I can't work.
Here are some of our frugal things for the week:
- Sold a few things on eBay. I made a mistake on shipping for one item (drat) & had to buy a more expensive envelope, which meant I made basically nothing on the sale. But, did make $55 on eBay sales.
- Continued using things from the freezer, and re-purposed a meal we didn't love into a risotto that, while not amazing, was good enough to eat a second night
- Listed one of the kids BMX bikes for sale. Hoping to get that sold, as he wants a scooter instead. ;-)
- Listed three more items on eBay. One of which was an ornament that I've never really liked. I wasn't sure if it was valuable, so looked it up today, & it is! Sold it via an offer for $50 this morning . Wow! Just when you think you've listed all of your valuable stuff on eBay. . .
- Used Rite Aid rewards to get Claritin for M, who has had really terrible allergies lately. I had a 20% off coupon, so used that for popcorn for the kids. They also had a certain candy bar 2/$1, with a $1 reward, so free candy! Picked those up for a treat for the kids.
- M was finally able to repair the window in Nick's room. It wouldn't close all the way, creating a chilly draft above his bed. It's now much quieter & warmer, which will help reduce heating costs.
Other than that, I've been drinking a lot of tea, using my flask for water, eating things out of the freezer, and making do with what we have around. I also gave my nanny a couple of days off (paid), as I was at home & could be with the kids. Not frugal for me, but this gives her the opportunity to fill in with other babysitting jobs.
That's it for us. How have you been frugal over the past week?