Here are a few frugal things for the week:
- It's that time of the year where there are gift card discounts. I bought a $50 gift card to one of the kids favorite restaurants, & earned $10 in a reward to use on a future meal.
- I also bought a Delta gift card for an upcoming trip my husband is taking. I earned a $25 Home Depot gift card for that purchase
- Likewise, bought $2,000 of Lowes gift cards at Raise, going through eBates. Saved $68 on the gift cards, and earned another $19 back through eBates. We're getting new doors!
- Turned $12 of lose change into an Amazon gift card
- Met a friend for lunch at our mutual employer. I'm still allowed there on my sabbatical. ;-) Saved the cost of lunch.
- Listed two things on eBay & a gift card on Raise.
- Used a $3 grocery store rebate to buy tortillas. The 20 pack was surprisingly less expensive than the 10 pack, so purchased that for $.49 (difference after the $3).
- Found a ton of clearanced snacks at Rite Aid, so bought those for our upcoming road trip.
- Purchased paper plates & a few other things we'll bring to Hawaii. We're planning to try & eat breakfast & lunch in our room, and limit eating out to dinner.
- Started a lengthy yard project. I'm doing the labor, so it may take longer, but it will be free!
What about you? How did you save money this week?