Friday, June 7, 2019

Frugal Friday

It's the kids last day of school today, and boy, are they ever excited! The weather is finally good, so we've been using the pool again. I've been trying to get back into the swing of things with menu planning & shopping.

Here are a few frugal things for the week:


  • It's that time of the year where there are gift card discounts. I bought a $50 gift card to one of the kids favorite restaurants, & earned $10 in a reward to use on a future meal.
  • I also bought a Delta gift card for an upcoming trip my husband is taking. I earned a $25 Home Depot gift card for that purchase
  • Likewise, bought $2,000 of Lowes gift cards at Raise, going through eBates. Saved $68 on the gift cards, and earned another $19 back through eBates. We're getting new doors!
  • Turned $12 of lose change into an Amazon gift card
  • Met a friend for lunch at our mutual employer. I'm still allowed there on my sabbatical. ;-) Saved the cost of lunch.
  • Listed two things on eBay & a gift card on Raise.
  • Used a $3 grocery store rebate to buy tortillas. The 20 pack was surprisingly less expensive than the 10 pack, so purchased that for $.49 (difference after the $3).
  • Found a ton of clearanced snacks at Rite Aid, so bought those for our upcoming road trip.
  • Purchased paper plates & a few other things we'll bring to Hawaii. We're planning to try & eat breakfast & lunch in our room, and limit eating out to dinner. 
  • Started a lengthy yard project. I'm doing the labor, so it may take longer, but it will be free!

What about you? How did you save money this week?

6 comments:

  1. I hope you and the kids have a wonderful Summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to have lunch at your employer - easier for her and cheaper for you! I remember what it felt like with the kids on the last week/day of school - bouncing off the walls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, and I'll be doing the same when I meet up with other friends, and M. I can also adjust to his schedule, which is great.

      Oh yes, the kiddos were excited about the end of school!!

      Delete
  3. I Did not know you were a blogger. I will be reading here.

    ReplyDelete