I then flew from Las Vegas to Portland, and ran a relay on the Washington coast on Saturday. I had two runs for a total of about ten miles, so I was pretty toasted after that. I also didn't get much sleep on Friday (we had to be up at 2:45 am), so I'm catching up on sleep now. The relay was great - weather was reasonably cool & no rain, & the scenery was beautiful. I've forgotten how beautiful the Washington coast can be.
It was so nice to come home yesterday afternoon! I have a few chores to accomplish today, but I'm also hoping for a mostly mellow day. Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish:
- Yoga - I need to stretch out my legs
- Laundry - seriously, there are probably six loads that the boys washed but didn't fold, so I need to get that put away. I'm surprised anyone has any clothes left!
- Bills - catch up on all of my emails & bills, budget tracking, etc.
- Meet a friend for lunch
- Brown ground beef for tacos
- Pick up the house
I also had a few financial wins, in between all of the spending over the last week or so:
- M & the kids unexpectedly took me to the airport last Sunday, saving about $25
- I found $.16 on the ground at a casino. Sluggy! :-)
- Two of our dinners were comped
- Four nights of the hotel stay were comped
- I was able to avoid checking a bag, despite having all of my relay/running stuff + my Las Vegas stuff
- I purchased food from the grocery store for the relay, vs buying anything on the course
- I had a free beer & sandwich after the relay, thanks to our VIP tent access. A few others bought additional food, but I stuck with the free options
- M & the kids also picked me up from the airport yesterday, saving another $30 or so
- I brought home my leftover PB&Js, and Sam took them for his lunch today. :-)
What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish today?