Wednesday, June 5, 2019

May Goal Recap - How Did I Do?

The last week of May went by in a flash, as I was traveling. Here's how I did for the month.

1) Financial:
  • Stick to the budget - we were over on dining out & groceries, so need to better on both in June.
  • Every month, come up with a new way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis. - I started buying gift cards for everything we need that can be first purchased via a gift card (Uber, Home Depot, airlines, etc) at Raise & using ebates to generate a little additional discount. I've made about $25 on eBates, in addition to the money saved on Raise.
  • Make $300 in sidehustle - I made $425
  • Use up 15 freezer items - done! 15/15
    • Lasagna
    • Chicken tenders
    • Enchiladas
    • Bag of grilled chicken
    • Package of ciabatta buns x2
    • Shredded chicken
    • Bolognese sauce
    • Breakfast sandwich
    • Shredded turkey x3
    • Wontons
    • Taco meat
    • Mystery chicken dish
2) Family - Spend more time together as a family!
  • Do one fun activity/month with the kids - took the kids to dinner & ice cream to celebrate the (almost) end of school.
  • Off the computer by 7:45 each evening - mostly, I'd say 85% of the way there.
  • Have two dates with Michael - We had one dinner & a lunch planned, but the lunch was rescheduled due to a meeting conflict.
  • Take my mom to Las Vegas - Done!

3) Fitness/health - Lose 2 lbs - Yes! I lost 3 lbs.
  • Run 12 times - 9/12
  • Track calories (average 1400/day) & eat five servings of fruit & veggies per day - I averaged 1555, thanks to a fabulous vacation, & 5.5 servings of fruit & veggies/day.
  • Work out 35 times - 28/35
  • Meditate 10 times - 2/10
  • Run a half marathon - done! In the rain & everything.
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
  • Make it to my sabbatical with a thoughtful & organized handoff - did my best & felt really good about how much I got done before I left
  • Have one lunch to expand my network - done
5) Personal/creative - Spend more time on myself/creative pursuits.
  • Do something social - my sister & friend were in town for our half marathon
  • Volunteer a minimum of 1x - still trying to find a flexible option
  • Journal 15 times - 10/15
  • Finish one non-fiction book - Done! I read a memoir "Out East"
  • Figure out what to do with an unused space in our yard - I've thought about it, but haven't done anything beyond that
  • Tackle one item from my sabbatical list - I've made progress on a few projects, but haven't finished anything yet.

Overall, I'm pleased with my progress for May! On to June. How did you do with your May goals?

4 comments:

  1. Lot's of green and yellow and so little red. Great for you. I'll look at July and start goal setting for the month. June is a just live in the moment and get done what has to get done for my daughters party. anything else is gravy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your plan makes sense - you have a ton on your plate with graduation!

      Delete
  2. You did great, just running a 1/2 marathon will cause you to lose 3 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it normally doesn't. I've also really changed my eating (fewer carbs & sugar), which has helped. The exercise was a good bonus!

      Delete