- Stick to the budget - we were over on dining out & groceries, so need to better on both in June.
- Every month, come up with a new way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis. - I started buying gift cards for everything we need that can be first purchased via a gift card (Uber, Home Depot, airlines, etc) at Raise & using ebates to generate a little additional discount. I've made about $25 on eBates, in addition to the money saved on Raise.
- Make $300 in sidehustle - I made $425
- Use up 15 freezer items - done! 15/15
- Chicken tenders
- Bag of grilled chicken
- Package of ciabatta buns x2
- Shredded chicken
- Bolognese sauce
- Breakfast sandwich
- Shredded turkey x3
- Taco meat
- Mystery chicken dish
2) Family - Spend more time together as a family!
- Do one fun activity/month with the kids - took the kids to dinner & ice cream to celebrate the (almost) end of school.
- Off the computer by 7:45 each evening - mostly, I'd say 85% of the way there.
- Have two dates with Michael - We had one dinner & a lunch planned, but the lunch was rescheduled due to a meeting conflict.
- Take my mom to Las Vegas - Done!
3) Fitness/health - Lose 2 lbs - Yes! I lost 3 lbs.
- Run 12 times - 9/12
- Track calories (average 1400/day) & eat five servings of fruit & veggies per day - I averaged 1555, thanks to a fabulous vacation, & 5.5 servings of fruit & veggies/day.
- Work out 35 times - 28/35
- Meditate 10 times - 2/10
- Run a half marathon - done! In the rain & everything.
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
- Make it to my sabbatical with a thoughtful & organized handoff - did my best & felt really good about how much I got done before I left
- Have one lunch to expand my network - done
5) Personal/creative - Spend more time on myself/creative pursuits.
- Do something social - my sister & friend were in town for our half marathon
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x - still trying to find a flexible option
- Journal 15 times - 10/15
- Finish one non-fiction book - Done! I read a memoir "Out East"
- Figure out what to do with an unused space in our yard - I've thought about it, but haven't done anything beyond that
- Tackle one item from my sabbatical list - I've made progress on a few projects, but haven't finished anything yet.
Overall, I'm pleased with my progress for May! On to June. How did you do with your May goals?