Regardless of political affiliation, I hope we can all agree that a turn towards unity in the country and all of us working together to solve hard problems will benefit us. A president who can bring groups of people together will serve us well. A president who will govern all with respect & compassion, even those are different from him, or didn't vote for/support him. I'm looking forward to a change of rhetoric, both from the president and others. A focus on kindness, compassion, empathy & unification. I will continue to strive to learn from others who have different beliefs from me, and to be open to their perspective. There are hard problems ahead, with COVID & climate change & bringing a divided country back together. I will endeavor to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
And with that, it's Sunday. What a week. I got significantly less done than usual, but I'm okay with that. Sometimes you just "get through" a week, and this week was one of those. The weather has changed here, and it's very cool. We used the heat for the first time today, when the house dropped to 61 degrees. I have my own threshold, and we were under it! :-)
For the rest of the day, what do we have going on?
- A work out. I walked yesterday, and (from a distance) saw neighbors & enjoyed the beautiful weather
- Clean the very messy kitchen. Nick cooked yesterday ;-)
- Laundry. So much laundry!
- I'm trying a new recipe
- I'll work on my holiday crocheting project. I'm a newbie crocheter, so I'm hoping to practice on this particular project, and then move on to something "real" for the holidays
- Due some organization around the house. Things have gotten messy lately, as they do when we're all working & schooling from home!